Attorney at Law
I’ve always known I wanted a career helping people. Before high school, that meant I would grow up to be a sports agent. I thought that was the coolest job in the world – traveling everywhere helping athletes achieve their goals and obtain lucrative contracts. As I grow older, I realized I could do so much more. That realization led me to pursuing a career in law and that goal would never change.
I’ve found that many people go through stages of what they want to do. I’ve never wavered. I’m fortunate enough to have found my passion from a relatively young age, and to be able to do it every single day.
Growing up in Gridley, California, I learned the importance of “community”. I learned the importance of helping your “neighbor” and “paying it forward”. My involvement in 4H, band, football, baseball, basketball, and volunteer work at the community hospital, and all the people I’ve met along the way (coaches, supervisors, other participants, etc.) have helped cultivate my desire to help people in a meaningful and effective way.
I’ve been successful in a variety of situations and circumstances, and don’t expect my career in law to be any different. How that happens will be by nothing more than hard work, and dedication to those I serve. My parents immigrated to the United States from Mexico. I was born in Sacramento and English was technically a second language (although i picked it up early on in life). But experience growing up – watching my parents and family around me choose to settle for nothing short of success – has cultivated the work ethic I bring to work every day, while being able to do something I love to do. So far, I’ve been lucky enough to have some recognition for my achievements and successes. But the best recognition, in my opinion, has been the simple “thank you” I get from a Client my firm has been able to help get through a difficult time in their lives – whether that is due to divorce, criminal allegations, starting (or closing) a business, or setting up a post-death plan (one of the most difficult subjects for anyone to talk about).
As the founder of Legacy Counsel, one of the biggest benefits I receive is being able to choose which direction I take my practice. I’ve chosen that direction to be one that offers meaningful guidance and assistance, not just legal representation, for a lifetime. That is what my legacy will be. What about yours? Let us be your counselor as you shape your own.
Admissions, Awards, Memberships & Certifications
- State Bar Of California, Member
- Federal District Court-Central District of California, Member
- Federal District Court-Southern District of California, Member
- The National Trial Lawyers – Top 100 Trial Lawyers (California Criminal Defense – 2014 & 2015)
- The National Trial Lawyers – Top 40 Under 40 (California – 2014 & 2015)
- California DUI Lawyers Association, Member
- Certified in Administration of Standardized Field Sobriety Tests
- Featured in “Fox Hills Digest” Magazine – June 2012
- Featured in “Hollywood Weekly!” Magazine – July 2012
- Top 1% of Nation’s Attorneys – National Association of Distinguished Counsel (2015)